Be Obsessed Or Be Average Audiobook Summary
From the New York Times bestselling author of The 10X Rule and If You’re Not First, You’re Last comes an in-your-face wake-up call for anyone truly ready for success.
We’re in the middle of an epidemic of average. So-called ‘normal’ people get up every day, go to work, do what’s asked of them, leave promptly at 5, and return home to sit on the couch and watch TV. Society tells us that this is what it means to lead a balanced life. Don’t stress too much or work too hard. Your career isn’t everything. But Grant Cardone thinks this preoccupation with balance has really just given an excuse to be mediocre.
The bestselling author, self-made multimillionaire, radio and TV personality, and owner of the Whatever It Takes Network knows that if you want real success, you have to be obsessed. You have to be hungry and hyper-focused and insatiable, and not listen to naysayers who tell you to tone it down. You also have to know how to harness that obsession so that you can use it to your advantage.
Some of his maxims:
·’Criticism is easily avoided by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.’
·’Never fear the haters – fear the weak who listen to them.’
·’Most people are dying at 20 and making it official at 80. Most people are living their life with nothing to brag or talk about.’
If you’re looking for someone to coddle you and make excuses for your lack of success, you’ve come to the wrong book.
Be Obsessed Or Be Average Audiobook Reviews
I have listened to hundreds of audiobooks. Grant is BY FAR the BEST narrator I have ever listened to. Period. And this is his best book yet…which is QUITE a statement.
Here are the things I love about Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) I really loved learning more about his personal story of his battle with drug addition.
2) I love his attitude and the way he tells everything it like it is. He wants everyone to know him, but he’s not out to win a popularity contest. I seriously respect him for his no-BS attitude.
Here are the main takeaways I got from Be Obsessed or Be Average:
1) There is no one thing in life that you should be obsessed about. Be obsessed with EVERYTHING! Be OBSESSED with being an incredible son/daughter/mother/father/brother/sister/friend/etc. Be OBSESSED with being a rockstar entrepreneur, salesman, or whatever your career path might be. Be OBSESSED with achieving your ideal physique. Be OBSESSED with amassing a monstrous net worth for your family and to pursue opportunities to help others. Be OBSESSED with giving back to your family, your community, and the world! Be OBSESSED with learning to cook, play guitar, sing, dance, and improve yourself every day!
2) Don’t simply love yourself the way you are. Be grateful for life and the limitless opportunities around you, but don’t settle. Be grateful, but don’t be content. As I like to say, I’m “PROUD BUT NEVER SATISFIED.”
3) Keep it simple stupid. The people who do nothing often get complex first. For example, Grant says that he was at first skeptical about social media, but then learned a bit about it, realized its potential, and then dove in head first with MASSIVE ACTION while his competition was asking “How do you calculate the ROI of social media?” Stupid question…keep it simple and favor action. Planning is great, but “preparation” too often becomes procrastination.
4) Comfort is your biggest threat in today’s economy. Being out at sea is safer than hiding in the harbor.
5) You can re-create yourself anywhere. Moving to a new city or town is an opportunity for monster personal growth.
6) OVER-promise and OVER-deliver. Grant says this all the time and the phrase is a game changer. Go ALL IN…EVERY TIME. “Under-promise and over-deliver” is a phrase for under achievers. As Grant says in The 10X Rule, “Imagine that the products and services we’re so often temped to buy used ‘average’ in their advertising: ’This fairly average product can be found at an average price and delivers mediocre results.’ Who would buy such a product? People certainly don’t go out of their way to find and pay for run-of-the-mill merchandise.” Promise BIG results and deliver at an even HIGHER level.
7) YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO BE OBSESSED! There is nothing wrong with being obsessed. Anyone who pushes beyond average will face ridicule from society. If you’ve got 10 haters, let’s make it 20.
I simple have no negative comments about this book. It is quite possibly the best book I have ever read.
Thank you so much Grant. I love you man. I can’t wait to take you out for lunch some day soon. Maybe when I hit my first million 🙂
Thanks for reading this review. If you thought it was helpful, I’d appreciate a thumbs up! Thanks and have a great day!!
I AM OBSESSED AND REFUSE TO HAVE AN AVERAGE LIFE. #BEOBSESSED
Listen To Be Obsessed Or Be Average Audiobook
Listen or Download Be Obsessed Or Be Average Audiobook.Streaming and download audiobook to your computer, tablet,iphone and android.You Can Also Listen Similar Best Health & Wellness Audiobook And More Genre Like Romance, thrillers, young adult. Fiction, business and bios.Browse around, check out our recommendations and take a look at what other people are listening to.